Fawn Kemble is a 40-something single Christian geek girl. A nerd from day one, she was born to Christian artists and teachers and spent her life trying to navigate the rough seas of the modern American church.
She is a high school Library Media Technician by day, a reader and puzzler by night. She has a BA in English from The University of California, Santa Barbara and an MA in Biblical Counseling from The Master’s University. Her past careers include:
- a stint as a Sears Portrait Studio photographer (it was the 90’s, we all still went to those)
- shelving lots of book and watching over the periodicals at the UCSB library
- a few years better equipping families at risk of losing their children to foster care for Olive Crest Family Preservation and mentoring pre-teen and teenage girls suffering from neglect and abuse
- 8 years of teaching English at Pacifica Christian High School, 6 of which she was the English Department Chair
- storytimes and reference desk answers at the City Library
She has also worked part time for a couple of different churches in their Biblical Counseling ministries, and helped develop a counseling training program and a women’s writing team at Cornerstone West Los Angeles when she lived in LA.
Most of her non-work hours are spent debating, eating, and laughing with her family and friends and living that Auntie life. She reads a lot, watches way too much streaming TV, works on puzzles, and is always dreaming of her next adventure. Her community is made up of a global prayer group, writer’s group, tiny home church, and friends and family scattered over many cities, states, countries, and continents.
She loves God and tries to love people.